Smoking weakens our lungs and makes it harder to breathe. Quit smoking to feel better, save money and breathe easier.
10 Self-Help Tips to Stop Smoking
- Think Positive
- Make a plan to quit smoking
- Consider your diet
- Change your drink
- Identify when you crave cigarettes
- Get some stop smoking support (See below)#
- Get moving
- Make some non-smoking friends
- Keep your hand and mouth busy
- Make a list of reasons to quit.
Further Help and Advice
- NHS Smokefree
Helpline: 0300 123 1044, open Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm and Saturday to Sunday, 11am to 4pm.
- Smokefree Sefton: If you live or work in Sefton and you want to stop smoking, fill out the form on the website below.
If you prefer to phone or text: Call Mon-Fri between 9am and 5pm on 0300 100 1000 or TEXT ABL to 62277 (free)
- Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation
- Your local pharmacy
Try your local pharmacy. They may be able to signpost you to your local Stop Smoking service. Some pharmacies also offer this service themselves.